"FAMILY STEW" (The Song)
Songwriter: Adam Steele
Entire contents ©2018 by Adam Steele -- All Rights Reserved
LICENSING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This isn't one of those boilerplate terms sheets -- you know the kind; by the time you've read them, you forget why you're there to begin with. I've tried to keep this as simple as possible. To save time, just click on the Contents link(s) that apply. OR you can just scroll down, to see the complete terms.
GENERALLY, YOU ARE GRANTED PERMISSION, AND DO NOT NEED A SEPARATE LICENSE TO DO ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING (see Contents of this document, post, for further details):
• Listen to the song at our site (as many times as you want);THE FOLLOWING REQUIRE SPECIFIC LICENSE, PERMISSION, OR ROYALTIES:
• Download and/or print up to 5 copies for personal non-commercial use;
• (Commercial Broadcasters) Broadcast the song, or excerpts, in news coverage or reviews; and
• (Commercial Broadcasters) Broadcast, royalty-free, the song, unedited and in its entirety, for commercial purposes, up to 10 times, with on-air verbal credit to the songwriter and performer.
• Making additional copies, or any reproduction other than as permitted (above, and in Section E, below);CONTENTS
• Distributing or transferring a copy to any person or entity (this includes, but is not limited to, emailing a copy; or posting a copy to the Internet); or
• Commercially broadcasting the song over 10 times, or other than as permitted by Section D., below.
A. & B. GENERAL PROVISIONS
C. USE IN NEWS COVERAGE (royalty free)
D. COMMERCIAL USE (10 free broadcasts; overage royalty)
E. PERSONAL NON-COMMERCIAL USE (royalty-free)
F. AMENDMENT OR TERMINATION
G. CONTACT INFO, OTHER PERMISSIONS, LICENSING, ETC.
A. As used herein, "the song" refers to the performance, lyrics and music of "FAMILY STEW", as performed by Adam Steele (hereinafter "songwriter") and as posted at adamsteeleguitar.com and its links.
B. The song is not covered by any agreements with ASCAP or BMI, and any license granted by same does not grant or affect license or rights to use the song.
C. NEWS COVERAGE. Any licensed commercial radio or television station, including public non-profit stations, may broadcast, excerpts from, or the entirety of, the song in any bona-fide broadcast news reporting regarding the song, or in any bona-fide music or literary review of the same. Said uses are royalty-free and do not require separate permission or licensing.
D. COMMERCIAL USE.
1. 10 FREE BROADCASTS PER STATION.
a) License is granted to any licensed commercial radio or television station, including any public non-profit station, to, for said station's commercial purposes, broadcast the song up to ten times, royalty-free, provided,
b) that the song is broadcast only in its entirety, and without any editing of verbal content. The audio may be edited such as is necessary to enhance audio fidelity, so long as all of the lyrics of the song are clearly discernible (except for normal reception loss due to distance from the point of broadcast) as they are on the songwriter's websites (adamsteeleguitar.com and its links); and
c) That on-air verbal credit to the performer and songwriter (e.g. "written
and performed by Adam Steele") is broadcast along with, and timely proximate
to, any broadcast of the song.
(WHY? Songwriters almost never get on-the-air credit. And they should. If you're lucky, the DJ tells you who PERFORMED the song, and maybe the title; almost never the author.
How many people know that, for instance, Johnny and June Cash's "Jackson" was written by Billy Edd Wheeler; or that Willie Nelson's "Ballad of Poncho and Lefty" was written by Townes Van Zandt? And Jimmy Webb's compositions go on and on -- stuff you probably never imagined he wrote.
Let's change that. Anyone can sing it; but not everyone can write the music we like to listen to; and without those authors' talent, there would be none. They deserve a mention when their work is used.)
2. ADDITIONAL COMMERCIAL USAGE & ROYALTY.
a) For any usage exceeding the ten free broadcasts (ante), said station is granted license for such broadcast use, subject to the terms of subparas. D.1(b) and D.1(c), ante; and provided that 9 cents ($0.09) royalty is paid to the songwriter for each time the song is so broadcasted by said station. Said payments to be calculated, accounted for, and paid by the said station on an "honour system" as follows:
b) Said station shall be responsible for keeping count of their broadcasts of the song, and for computing the royalties due as of the end of each calendar month; and shall remit same via U.S. mail or other mutually-agreed means, by the end of the following calendar month, by sending same to the songwriter, Adam Steele, P.O. Box 1132, Bemidji, MN 56619.
E. PERSONAL NON-COMMERCIAL USE.
1. Personal non-commercial use of the song does not require separate licensing. Any person may access the song via the songwriter's website (adamsteeleguitar.com and its links) and do the following, royalty-free:
a) listen to it as many times as they want;for personal, non-commercial use; provided that,
b) download up to five copies of the song to their computer(s) and personal audio device(s); and
c) print out up to five copies of the lyrics;
2. Any other reproduction of the song's audio or lyrics, or transferring of ANY reproduction (including permitted personal downloads and copies) to any other person or entity, requires specific licensing, or permission of the songwriter. For this, please see para. G, below. If a person wants to share the song with a friend, et al., they may do so by sending them a link to http://adamsteeleguitar.com but may not send a copy (electronic or otherwise) of the song.
F. AMENDMENT OR TERMINATION. The songwriter may, upon notice, terminate, proactively, any license or right granted hereunder, and may, upon notice, proactively amend these terms of licensing from time-to-time.
G. CONTACT. Any other use of the song requires specific license or permission. Unlike many cyber-businesses these days, we actually talk to people. For any questions, permissions, licensing requests not covered here, etc., please feel free to email the songwriter directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 218-759-1162.
here to return to the
"FAMILY STEW" lyrics page.
To book for your event or show; or for general information:
Adam Steele, P.O. Box 1132, Bemidji, MN 56619 218-759-1162 email@example.com